19 December 2006

Applications: COMPLETE

FINALLY! I just sent of the final 3 packets of supplementary materials today and the ball is officially out of my court...for now. What a great feeling...knowing I've done what I can to this point and now have the constant weight I've been feeling for the last few months relieved. I ended up applying to seven grad programs pretty much across the spectrum. Six PhDs and one MA; a few large research institutes and a couple of smaller programs; from strong Continental programs to pluralistic/eclectic programs, to the highly analytic department at Pitt. It will be interesting/fun to see how this all plays out (not to mention a little nerve wracking). So everyone please keep your fingers, toes, eyes....and whatever else you got...crossed for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the apps out, and good luck, I hope you get a good result (or several!).

I'm interested in what programs you chose to apply to (other than Pitt - good choice ^^), though if you don't want to post the whole list I totally understand.

71 said...

Jeff, thank you...I need all the well-wishing I can get...haha.

I hesitate to post the whole list...don't want to jynx myself, but what the hell. In no particular order:
Georgetown
Pitt
Duke
UNC
Temple
DePaul
Miami (OH)

Anonymous said...

Very nice list, I actually just wrote a paper on a paper written by someone at Temple (Syliane Malinowski-Charles). Best of luck!