08 March 2007

You ever just have one of those days?

Honestly...I was just off from the start. Couldn't get outta bed this morning. Found my keys dangling in the front door since last night. Just completely out of it at work all day. Sent two emails to the wrong recipients (why are so many people suddenly named Karen?). Got nothing...NOTHING...accomplished. And, yoy, was the drive home entertaining. First, Carpool Buddy (henceforth; CP) and I are talking about the spring ahead this weekend, and:
OP: Well, at least it's on a weekend, makes recovering from that lost hour easier.
CP: strange look.
OP: What? What's with the look?
CP: It's ALWAYS on a weekend?
OP: Yeah, I'm an idiot...long day...
Literally less than a mile later I'm talking and CP suddenly bursts out laughing.
OP: What? (again...this was a common theme of my day)
CP: You know that was a red light?
OP: Where?
CP: Where you just went around a car to run it.
Yes...I went around a stopped car to run a red light. I don't know...I suppose I thought they were making a left turn. Luckily, everyone else on the road was paying attention and no cops were around...but seriously, who goes around a stopped car to run a red light? Just one of those days.
Tomorrow's Friday...

No comments: