02 July 2007

It's a Meme!

Wow, so it's been almost two months since I last posted ANYTHING. I'm pretty much a terrible blogger at this point. SteveG and Spaz, however, have coaxed me out of the shadows by both tagging me on this meme. So, for the Oxymoronic Philosopher's 100th post, here it is:

First we have the rules:
  • We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
  • Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

8 Random Facts or Habits about 71.

  1. This is the first meme I’ve ever been tagged on :-)
  2. Growing up I wanted to be everything from a Secret Service Agent, to a garbage man, to an Orthodox Priest, but philosopher never entered the mix. It’s funny looking back and trying to trace all the steps I took to get here. Even entering college I was planning on a health and exercise science major with a focus on athletic training…somehow I ended up with degrees in Econ and Philo.
  3. I’m starting grad school in the fall at George Mason University where I’ll be working on an MA in philosophy. I’m both excited beyond belief to start something new and scared shitless that I barely remember what philosophy is.
  4. I worked for the US Secret Service for two years during college. The job was awesome, but the coolest part by far was when some co-workers got me into a Capitol Hill bar underage by flashing their Secret Service commission books.
  5. Ok, I lied, that wasn’t the coolest part of the job. The coolest part was when they sent me to Vegas on an all expenses paid business trip for two days and two nights to set up a video camera and tape recorder for an interview. Yes, my friends, your tax dollars at work.
  6. From the time I was in elementary school through middle school, I collected those little collectible spoons you find in tourist trap gift shops. I had about a hundred of them in a rack on the wall in my bedroom, and every time I’d close the door half of them would fall. I hated those things…why did I ever collect them?
  7. I was the coolest little kid. Ok, maybe not, but I, honest to god, got to play w/ Reagan’s dog Rex in the Rose Garden, and that’s gotta make me pretty damn cool. My mom’s cousins worked at the Service (and dated in the Service), they used to hook me up in so many ways. I even have a picture of myself behind the podium in the press room.
  8. Even though I’m turning into a rather progressive oxymoronic philosopher, I’m still a country boy at heart. I refuse to give up hunting, as it’s one of the few pastimes I share with my dad, and I love being out in the woods. I also am finding it hard giving up my pickup, I just can’t see myself in a little teeny tiny car. I hope I’m not the only one who often has trouble giving his/her rational beliefs with the life I live. It’s something I’m constantly working on.
Now...if I only new 8 other bloggers to tag on this...hmmm. I guess I'll just go with some of the Gburg bloggers, know them or not:

Effie Jones at Brown Girl in the Ring

Maynard at Creative Destruction

Ping right here

quaker j at resounding peace

A Stranger at A Stranger in a Strang(er) Land

Matty at Matty's Blog

Ok, honestly, six is enough...man this is hard work.

2 comments:

Effie Jones said...

Hi, just back from Brussels, where I promise, the Internet does exist, but I didn't post anything on my blog. Is it too late to get in on this? Looks like fun.

71 said...

Effie,

Glad teh internets are ok across the pond. It's definitely not too late to get in. Glad to see you're back!