27 February 2007

FINALLY!

We're finally, yes, FINALLY going to talk to Iran and Syria! And, holy cow, nobody in the world is accusing us of rolling over and playing dead in making this decision. I'll be darned. I coulda sworn from all of Shrub's rhetoric over the years that the walls would just come tumbling down if we ever decided to hold a conversation with these "rogue states." Maybe they caught a glimpse of my foreign policy platform. It warms my heart to see the US finally at the table with both Iran and North Korea. I'm still fearful of the administration's rhetoric and seeming moves towards a war with Iran (as yesterday's post on WhirledView hit on the money) but at least I've got a little hope. It's kinda like standing in bunker deeper than I am tall but still catching a glimpse of the pin. It may take 5 or 6 swings to get out, but we'll make it.

No comments: