19 July 2006

My Foreign Policy

I just got home from The Saloon down on U Street. First time I've checked it out, and it's definitely my kind of place. Great selection of microbrews and Belgian beers. Great atmosphere: no TVs, low music, great little corners to have a conversation in...and the owner tends bar. If your in the DC area, definitely check it out.

Here's something I wrote a few weeks back to a friend. It was in response to a question she asked a bout US foreign policy. I decided, should I ever run for office...this is my platform.

1. We absolutely WILL talk to anyone who wants to talk to us…one on one, in groups, while they're building nukes, while they have missiles pointed at our allies…I don't give a shit…enough of the games, we can't solve any problems if we don't at least talk to them! If you don't want to talk to us, but continue causing problems, we'll pursue you and pester you until you're ready to sit down and talk.

2. Our number one point to make to the world: STOP FUCKING KILLING EACH OTHER! Stop shooting at each other, stop bombing each other, stop shooting missiles at each other, stop throwing rocks at each other…it's fucking pointless…stop killing each other so we can talk about what the problems are.

3. NO, WE WON'T SELL YOU WEAPONS! I don't care who you are or what you're cause is…See # 2.

4. Leave religion at the door. We all know you feel strongly that your god is the only god and the rest of us are fucking idiots for not seeing that…but it's not helping us get anywhere…And, for my God's sake, stop using it as an excuse to kill each other! Again, see # 2.

5. If you still insist on killing each other and you continue to refuse to talk about it, let us know. We have bigger bombs than the rest of you…we can finish the job quicker. One big boom, you're entire country and that of the people you insist on killing can both be gone.


1 comment:

Aspazia said...

You have my vote. Where do I send the checks?